Today we will give you examples of facial masks that you can make at home. As you know, after the Corona pandemic, it is very difficult to find a face mask on the market. For this reason, many people started making masks themselves.
But there are a few things you need to know about these masks. The virus protection of the masks you will make, including the surgical masks you have purchased, is very little or none. Still, if you have a disease, they can help prevent you from infecting another person.
In addition, if the masks you wear are moistened, the risk of keeping the virus on the mask increases. As long as you wear your face masks, they are affected by the moisture in your breath and their protection decreases.
Another point is that after wearing the masks, you should not touch the mask with your hand. If your hands touch your mask without being disinfected after contact with contaminated surfaces, you also increase the risk of the mask holding viruses.
Please visit www.who.int for more formal information about face masks. After all these warnings, we present you face mask making tutorials. First of all, stay at home, stay safe.
How To Make A 5 Minute Face Mask – diyjoy.com
This is a really easy face mask to do. All you need is:
- Small piece of Fabric (cut 20 x 17)
- Elastic (for the earpieces)
- A Sewing Machine
Here is the full tutorial: diyjoy.com
DIY DUST MASK WITH NOSE WIRE – chezvies.com
Really cute dust mask to do. It has a free pattern too. All you need:
- 2 pieces of fabrics – 7.5″ W x 6″ H
- (Kids Size : – 6” W x 5.5” H)(widen and lengthen as needed)
- 2 pieces of the binding strip –
- 1.75″ w x 5″ H- 10″ Long Elastic Cord
And here is the original tutorial: chezvies.com
Face Mask by clothwithpegs.blogspot.com
A detailed mask tutorial with a free pattern.
The full link is here: clothwithpegs.blogspot.com
DIY Cloth Face Mask With Air Filter – mustsharenews.com
This is a 3 layer face mask with a filter. You will need 3 kinds of fabrics:
- Waterproof non-woven layer (front)
- Microfibre melt-blown non-woven fabric (middle)
- Ordinary non-woven fabric (back)
The original source is here: mustsharenews.com
Face Mask Sewing Pattern – craftpassion.com
A very detailed tutorial for making face masks for all ages. Here is the supply list:
- Main Fabric (cotton), 13″ x 7″, prewash
- Lining Fabric (cotton or flannel), 12″ x 7″, prewash
- Bias Tape, 2″ wide 6″ long, prewash (Optional, as nose wire sleeve)
- Nose wire, 6″ (Optional)
- Elastic cord for ear loops 16″, or, shoelace/ribbon/cord with at least 44″ length for the head tie
You can access tutorial and patterns here: craftpassion.com
Surgical Cap And Mask – thesewingpixies.com
This is a pretend play costume for kids. It is fun to make and fun to play. Here is the list:
- ½ yard quilting fabric – print of your choice
- 3” of ½” elastic
- 14” of 1/8” elastic
- basic sewing tools
Click for the tutorial: thesewingpixies.com
Did you like these ideas? Then stay tuned for more posts like this. You can subscribe to get every idea to your mail. And don’t forget to pin us on Pinterest and follow on Facebook. If you want us to write about a topic, we always welcome comments and ideas, feel free to write them below.